How Can I Connect the Equipment?
1. You need a software code (called a ‘key’) to connect equipment to the MOT testing service.
2. When the engineer is on-site and ready to install your equipment you need to request a key and give it to them.
3. The key will not work at another testing station and only works on one piece of equipment.
How to request a key
4. Sign in to the MOT testing service.
5. Go to your ‘Vehicle testing station’ page.
6. Select ‘Request a key’ under ‘Change and connect equipment’.
7. Follow the instructions to create and send the key to your email address.
8. Check your email to find your key – make sure your email address is correct in the MOT testing service as the key will be emailed to this email address.
9. Open the email attachment and give it to the engineer – the password to open the email attachment will be the user ID you use to sign in to the MOT testing service.
PLEASE NOTE: You must keep keys secure. Only give them to the engineer installing your equipment. You’ll get instructions about how to use the key when it is sent.
Connected equipment only sends results for live MOT tests – it does not have a trial mode. You and the tester need to check that the results have been sent through on the first test after the equipment is installed. Contact the equipment supplier immediately if results are not sent through.
Can I Upgrade my Current Brake Tester to Connected Status?
If you have a Crypton Control Centre or CCP800 series that is operated on Windows 10 then you can upgrade this to connected/MTS status. Please contact us or your local Crypton distributor to arrange this. If it is operating on an older system than Windows 10, you will also have to update this. Alternatively, you can buy a new Control Centre or emissions tester.
Can I Upgrade my Current Emissions Tester to a Connected Status?
If you have a Crypton CCP800 series that is operated on Windows 10 then you can upgrade this to connected/MTS status. Please contact us or your local Crypton distributor to arrange this. If your machine is operating on an older system than Windows 10, you will also have to update this. Alternatively, you can buy a new Crypton emissions tester, which will be supplied with the connected software and our standard 3 years warranty.
I Have Poor Internet Connection, is this a Problem?